If you know any veterans who would be interested in coming to work for one of the best places to work in the federal government please encourage them to check back here often.
On April 17th and 18th, the OCIO will welcome veterans and transitioning service members for interviews and information sessions! Spread the word! And Register Today for Potential Direct Hire!
USPTO IT Veteran Career Fair
April 17-18, Alexandria, VA
Interested candidates are encouraged to register for the hiring event via our registration link:
The USPTO is on the cutting edge of our nation’s progress and achievement – working to advance the kind of innovation that changes the world. It’s no wonder that the USPTO is a leading IT innovator across the federal landscape. Join us, and you can contribute to complex, high-profile, enterprise-wide projects in support of our mission.
Ranked as one of the top federal agencies for attracting and retaining veterans, we support a seamless transition into the civilian workforce where you can leverage the tactical skills you learned on active duty. Plus, your ideas, experience and skills can help protect our nation’s intellectual property. Whether you are in transition from active duty, or have already transitioned and are looking for your next opportunity, we have a wide range of IT specialist and leadership positions available:
* Solutions Architects
* Software Automation Testers – Multiple positions!
* Software Test Planners
* Software Developers – Multiple positions!
* Software and Systems Performance Engineers
* Usability Engineers
* Infrastructure Services Specialists (Cloud Engineers, Virtual Environment Specialists, Facilities and Communication Services IT Specialists)
* Database Administrators (MySQL)
* IT Specialists (Software as a Service)
* Desktop and Accounts Services Specialists
Previous Hiring Events:
On Friday and Saturday, June 13 and 14, the OCIO and OHR will be hosting USPTO’s FIRST Veterans Career Fair for the OCIO. This two-day career fair for veterans with IT skills and leadership experience will focus on filling our most critical OCIO vacancies. OCIO supervisors will be on-hand to assist with the interviewing, and answer any questions from perspective candidates.
Veterans are being asked to register in advance to help with the logistics and interview scheduling.
The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) is in the process of hiring student veterans for our paid Veteran Intern Program (VIP) – Patent Examiner Student Trainee. Please register for our upcoming career fair in Alexandria, VA where you will get detailed information about the VIP, hear from others in the program, and interview with agency representatives for immediate hire (contingent on meeting the qualifications).
Event Schedule – Same on April 11th and April 12th
• Registration starts at 9:30 a.m.
• First VIP information session is from 10-10:30 a.m.
• First round interviews are from 10:30 – 12:00 p.m.
• Panel of VIP interns (and recent hires) from 12:00-12:30 p.m.
• Registration starts back up from 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
• Second VIP information session is from 1:00-1:30 p.m.
• Second round interviews are from 1:30-3:00 p.m.
Location for Friday, 4/11/14: Westin Hotel, 400 Courthouse Square, Alexandria, VA
Location for Saturday, 4/12/14: USPTO Madison Auditorium, 600 Dulany, Alexandria, VA