Hurricane Florence has been upgraded to a major hurricane projected to impact much of the East Coast later this week.
UMA leadership has decided to proceed in accordance with the operating status of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as a guide to whether or not our Veteran Job Fair will occur as scheduled. If OPM provides guidance that the Federal Government status will be “Closed” or “Delayed” (unscheduled leave) on Friday, 14 September, the Veteran Job Fair will be postponed to a date to be determined. If the Federal Government status is “Open” our event will occur as planned. Your safety is our highest priority.
Please check the OPM site for current status.
# # #
The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office Military Association (UMA) and the USPTO Office of Human Resources (OHR) are working together to provide veterans the opportunity meet with both Government agencies and private sector companies that are looking to hire veterans.
Click here to register.
- Friday, September 14, 2018
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Time Zone
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office Madison Auditorium
600 Dulany Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Government agencies joining the USPTO include:
- Internal Revenue Service
- Housing and Urban Development
- Dept of Energy
- Dept of Treasury
- Dept of Veterans Affairs
- United States Mint
- U.S. International Trade Commission
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- U.S. Census Bureau
- National Institutes of Health
- Bureau of Fiscal Services (TREASURY)
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (TREASURY)
Contract agencies joining the USPTO include:
- Prudent Technology/ Halvik
- Yakabod Federal
- NEANY Inc.
Please contact UMA President Collin Nole for more information.