Please join the USPTO Military Association as it sponsors the Veterans-Military Charity Fair on November 15 from 10 am – 2 pm in the Madison Lower Atrium. Charities that support Veterans and Military causes and participate in the Combined Federal Campaign will be in attendance to provide information and answer any questions you may have.
Current List of attendees.
- Serve Our Willing Warriors. willingwarriors.org. Our mission is to provide a “home away from home” environment for our Nations wounded, ill and injured Warriors currently residing at nearby military hospitals free of charge.
- Combat Soldier Recovery Fund. combatsoldiersrecoveryfund.org. Provides 100% of every donation directly to wounded soldiers recovering at military hospitals in the Washington, DC area. No overhead. No bureaucracy.
- Links to Freedom. linkstofreedom.org. Our mission is to restore a sense of normalcy to our Wounded Warriors, disabled veterans, their families and caregivers through rehabilitative and adaptive golf programs.
- Give An Hour. www.giveanhour.org. Military personnel, veterans, and families receive free, confidential counseling from volunteer mental health professionals for PTS, TBIs, depression, anxiety, and other invisible wounds of war.
- Hero Dogs. hero-dogs.org. Hero Dogs trains, and provides exceptionally trained service dogs free of charge exclusively to Veterans with disabilities who served honorably in the United States military.
- Warrior-Scholar Project. warrior-scholar.org Warrior-Scholar Project ensures educational opportunity for enlisted veterans, providing services including free college preparatory academic boot camps that facilitate the military to college transition.
- Military Officers Association of America Scholarship Fund. www.moaa.org/scholarshipfund. 100% of all CFC donations provide interest-free loans or grants to children from military families (all seven services, officer and enlisted) pursuing a college education.
- Air Force Association. afa.org. Join the Force behind the Force to promote a dominate US Air Force and support Air Force families through professional development, scholarships, and other programs.
- Loudoun Therapeutic Riding. ltrf.org . LTR provides quality horse-assisted activities and therapies for wounded military and veterans at no charge to the veteran.
- Homeless Animals Rescue Team, Inc. hart90.org. Volunteer group helping people and pets by providing no-kill rescue, shelter, medical care and adoption of homeless animals to safe and loving forever homes.
- National Council for Aging Care’s guide on Military Veteran Benefit Options